Sometimes, your clients' phone numbers change. That's why, every two weeks, we will email you a report of clients we attempted to contact via SMS, but whose number could not successfully receive the message. This allows you to take action proactively. This article explains what you can do to help resolve these potential lapses in your communication stream.
Here’s what to do with this list:
- Update that client's profile in your practice management system (PIMS) if you know a client's updated mobile number.
- If the number is a landline, you can choose to ignore it OR reach out for a mobile number from that client. Numbers not addressed, as being valid numbers for SMS, will remain on this list.
- Mark a number as 'Mobile' or 'Cell', where appropriate, so PetDesk can automatically identify the correct number that can successfully receive text messages.
- Ensure the mobile number is formatted correctly with an area code. Validate the area code and that no letters are in this same field.
- If the client is an app user (noted by the smartphone icon next to their name in the Dashboard), we'll use the
phone they provided as the default mobile number. This user-generated number may differ from your records. In this scenario, the app user will need to make the update on their end within the PetDesk app, or by support, if provided with correct information.
- Once a client converts to an app user, we will default to use the phone number they list in their app profile.
- When we recognize a successful delivery, the number will automatically no longer be flagged.
- Numbers not addressed, as being valid numbers for SMS, will remain on this list.
See how to quickly and easily mark an invalid number as valid right from the Two-Way Messaging feature in the Inbox tab. Click here to view that article.