On the rare occasion, you need to perform a refund or void an invoice for a client, PetDesk Pay makes it easy for both you and your client.
First, it's important to understand when you'd want to conduct a Void or Refund:
- If the transaction has not settled with the processor, you will be Voiding the transaction.
- If it has already settled, you will be Refunding the client.
The option to review a transaction will be available on your account as soon as the original transaction is processed. Upon looking to edit a transaction, you will see that there is an option to Refund or Void.
To initiate a Void or Refund within PetDesk Pay:
- From the left navigation pace, click the Payments tab
- Use the search field, on the upper right, to find the transaction in question
- The quickest way to perform an action is to click the ellipses icon (displayed when hovered over) to the far right, next to the Total column
- Choose Refund or Void depending on when the transaction was made.
To view more details regarding the transaction, click the Transaction row and the Payment Details drawer will slide out and appear on the right.
In that new window-pane, select Refund or Void on the bottom (Void will only appear until the transaction is processed)
- Refunds: enter the amount (if you are Voiding, you will only be able to Void the full amount)
- The Refund or Void will then automatically process once submitted
Once successful, the transaction will show as Void or Refunded depending on the action that is performed within your Payments list.
From the client's perspective:
Refunds typically take 3-5 business days to post back to the cardholder’s bank statement. A Voided transaction may show as pending on the cardholder's bank statement for 3-5 business days. The amount of time in which the pending transaction remains on the cardholder's statement is determined by the cardholder's bank. If the client would like for the pending authorization to be removed from their statement, the cardholder will need to contact their bank.