PetDesk Video Chat lets you see veterinary care teams remotely! Whether it's a conversation with your vet from home - or participating virtually during a curbside appointment - you will receive a safe, convenient, and personalized experience using the same PetDesk app you use to manage your pet's health.
This is only applicable to pet parents whose clinic is enrolled in and makes Virtual Care appointments available.
Requesting a Virtual Care appointment:
While in the PetDesk app, navigate to your clinic's provider card. If applicable to your provider, after tapping Request Appt / Services you'll see one of the appointment type choices named along the lines of Video Chat. As with any appointment, request a date and time frame. Once confirmed, the below steps will walk you through how to then join your virtual visit.
Joining your Virtual Care appointment:
- As the start time of your Virtual Care appointment approaches, if not already, log in to the PetDesk app
- Tap the Appointment tab from the bottom banner
- Locate this day's confirmed Video Chat appointment
- At your appointment's start time, tap the green Start Virtual Appointment button
In some cases, a notification will be sent to your device to inform you the provider has joined and is waiting in the virtual visit
- On the upper right tap Join to enter the Virtual Care session
In the Video Chat window, you will see several control settings:
- The microphone icon (un)mutes the mic on your device
- The camera icon toggles off/on the ability of other parties in the session to see you
- The camera icon with arrows allows you to flip the camera front to rear-facing or vice versa
- The red telephone icon disconnects the session