PetDesk's Mass Message feature allows you to quickly and easily communicate with all, or filtered segments of, your active clients. Communications are sent via rich HTML formatted emails and in-app messages. This tool is great to communicate upcoming events, specials, updates within the practice, holidays, upcoming closures, and any communication you see fit to keep your clients informed.
- You can select an audience as wide as all your active clients or as specific as clients with a particular appointment date, type of species and/or age of pet.
Mass Messages are automatically approved and sent out in batches daily, every half hour between 7am - 5pm PT. Although not typical, please allow up to 24 hours for the message to reach all your clients.
If one of your pre-filled templates is not applicable you can create a Mass Message. Note that you are able to save up to 20 Mass Message templates.
To send a Mass Message through the PetDesk Dashboard use these steps:
Log into your PetDesk Dashboard using admin credentials.
- Click the Mass Messages tab on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Enter the subject line and message (4,000 character limit) you would like to send.
As you begin to create, your message will be autosaved as a draft and can be found in the Drafts sub-tab up
top, until submitted and sent out.
- Give your message a personal touch and format as needed.
You can now edit your greeting, signature, and add tags into the message
- Optional: Attach an image(s) (Note: JPEG or PNG with a 5MB max size)
- We recommend sending a preview email to yourself to catch any edits you may want.
To get a better idea of what your clients will see, on the right panel, click on HTML Preview.
- Select who your recipients will be. From the drop-down, choose one of the several focused filters.
- Click the blue Submit Message to the right of the screen and confirm at the pop-up window.
Available recipient filters:
View this article on how to potentially cancel a submitted Mass Message from being sent.
After the email has been submitted, view its history and current send status along with how much attention your Mass Messages are getting.