PetDesk automates a series of communications that remind pet parents about their upcoming appointment, as well as what's needed to keep their pet in compliance with any health services. These communications are sent out to your clients at specific intervals to decrease no-shows and increase the number of pets in compliance, all while saving you valuable time.
Your clients can expect to receive appointment reminders in the following cadence:
- An appointment reminder is sent 2 days before the appointment via email, text, and app push notification (unless client settings are modified).
- The only exception is for Monday appointments, which will go out 3 days prior to reach your client the Friday before.
- If the appointment was made 6 weeks in advance (42 days), your client will receive a reminder 7 days before the appointment.
- Currently, the timing here is not customizable.
This is the cadence your clients can expect to receive health service reminders:
- Two weeks before the service is due: sent via email, app, text, and postcards
- Scheduling ahead of time? Is 2 weeks not enough? Chat with Support or your Success Manager to talk through best practices.
- Postcards are an optional add-on and only sent to clients that cannot be reached digitally on this first reminder attempt (and with a physical address on file)
- One week overdue: sent via email and app (no postcard)
- One month overdue: sent via email, app, and postcard
Above are the default settings that we highly recommend and were discussed in your onboarding experience. However, we understand practices are ever-evolving. We can work with you to customize some of these settings as needed.
For example images of these communications, check out our Health Service and Appointment Reminder Reference document!
We thought about this ahead of time:
While some exceptions may apply (i.e., newly created or modified reminders), PetDesk looks forward and backward to send only one postcard per 30 days.
If a client is set to receive a postcard for a service (upcoming or overdue), we'll make sure it lists other services that happen to fall within that time frame or are a couple of weeks after the specific reminder. This creates an avenue for efficient communication and decreases the number of postcards needed to be sent.
To let them know you're thinking of them on this special day, PetDesk will also send out a birthday message for pets. For non-app users, the date is determined by your practice management software(PIMS). For app users, this is overridden by the mobile app's DOB. The pet parent and pet must be active in your PIMS.